Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Subway Sandwiches: Healthy and Low in Calories if You know How to Choose :)



Seafood and Crab : 410 calories      Meatball Marinara: 560 calories    
Italian B.M.T : 450calories              Tuna: 530 calories
Spicy Italian: 380 calories                Subway Melt : 380 calories
Steak and Cheese: 360 calories            


*Calories above varies: Depends on the breads and sauces you choose.


Breads
Wheat: 210 calories     Italian White: 200 calories        Parmesan Oregano: 220 calories
Hearty Italian :210 calories     Honey Oat :260 calories


My Choice
To lessen the calories in Subway sandwiches, I choose the Italian White Bread and Roasted Chicken. Adding all the vegetable choices is not a problem because vegetables are super less in calories.:) For my sauce, I choose only chilli sauce; no mayonnaise and no BBQ sauce(high in fat); no terriyaki sauce (high in sodium). I don't like mustard sauce but its low in calories too :) Good Luck XOXO.


Here are the websites I got my informations from:
http://caloriecount.about.com/
http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=breadtop

3 comments: